Board Of Trade Building, Victoria

Board Of Trade Building, Victoria

The Board of Trade Building, 31 Bastion Square, in downtown Victoria, was designed and built in 1892 by architect Alexander Maxwell Muir for the Victoria Board of Trade. It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.

The Vancouver Portland Cement Company maintained its head office in the Board of Trade Building fromĀ  1904 to 1906, when Edward Rogers Wood moved the corporate head office to 26 King Street East in Toronto.

The Vancouver Portland Cement Company maintained its Victoria head office in the Board of Trade Building until 1919, when it was merged into the new British Columbia Cement Company.

The Board of Trade Building, 31 Bastion Square, Victoria, B.C. The Vancouver Portland Cement Company had its head office in the Board of Trade Building from 1904-1906. The company kept its Victoria head office in the Board of Trade Building until 1919 (photo by Author)
The Board of Trade Building, 31 Bastion Square, Victoria, B.C. The Vancouver Portland Cement Company had its head office in the Board of Trade Building from 1904-1906. The company kept its Victoria head office in the Board of Trade Building until 1919 (photo by Author)

Here are some websites with more information about the Board of Trade Building:

Here is a map showing the location of the Board of Trade Building:


Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?