Captain James Troup’s House, 324 Maitland Street

Captain James W. Troup (1855-1931) served under Robert Butchart as Assistant Director of Wooden Shipbuilding for the Imperial Munitions Board between 1917 and 1919. Captain Troup’s house (since demolished) stood at 324 Maitland Street, along the waterfront off Esquimalt Road, in Victoria’s Vic West neighbourhood. Here is a map showing the location of 324 Maitland […]

Evans, Coleman & Evans Limited – Robert Butchart Was On Its Board Of Directors

Evans, Coleman & Evans, Ltd. was a diversified Vancouver-based building supply company which was described in 1912 as “the principal commercial firm in the Province.” It was founded in 1888 and Evans, Coleman & Evans remained one of British Columbia’s leading hardware and building supply dealers until well into the mid 20th century. Robert Butchart […]