Captain James W. Troup (1855-1931) served under Robert Butchart as Assistant Director of Wooden Shipbuilding for the Imperial Munitions Board between 1917 and 1919.
Captain Troup’s house (since demolished) stood at 324 Maitland Street, along the waterfront off Esquimalt Road, in Victoria’s Vic West neighbourhood.
Here is a map showing the location of 324 Maitland Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 324 Maitland Street as it appears today:
While serving as Assistant Director of Wooden Shipbuilding for the Imperial Munitions Board Captain Troup shared office space with Robert Butchart on the third floor of the Belmont Building in downtown Victoria.