Union Club, Victoria, B.C.
The Union Club, 805 Gordon Street, Victoria, B.C. was formed in 1879 as a “gentlemen’s club.”
The Union Club retained San Francisco architect Loring P. Rexford to design its present building and has occupied this building since it was completed in 1912.
Robert Butchart was President of the Union Club from 1924 to 1926. His corporate office as President of the British Columbia Cement Company was directly across Gordon Street to the west, on the third floor of the Belmont Building.
The Union Club building is listed on the Canadian Register of History Places.
Here are some websites with more information on the Union Club:
Here is a map showing the location of the Union Club, 805 Gordon Street, Victoria:
Here is a Google Street View image of the Union Club:
Other Union Club members who appear in our book, From Devastation To Beauty: The Creation Of The Butchart Gardens, include:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?